Small and medium product OEs often need to compete with large players and though they could come up with innovative concepts, they may fall short in making their product ‘competitive’. Large companies have access to recourses that SMEs may not have.
Fields / Applications
3D Engineering promises to partner with such companies in their endeavor to optimize their products.
- Optimization of product geometry
- Remove the ‘flab’ (unwanted weight from the product that servers no functional purpose)
- Alternate materials and processes
- Product and process digital twins
- Make your products at the lowest cost
- Product and tool costing
- Cost roll-up
- Fastest response to RFQs
Design for Manufacturing
- Practical tips and tricks to help you make your products more manufacturable, inspectable, tool-able, etc.
- Scanning objects and get the point cloud data converted to CAD data
- Apply Siemens Convergent Modeling Technology to combine facets, surfaces, and solids in one model without converting data
- Facilitate large area scanning such as existing plants and machinery
- 80% of your new products may be like your past designs
- Capture knowledge from designers and drive your designs through expressions which are rule based
- Save enormous time in creating design variants, from months to days
PDM (Product Data Management)
- Manage your organizational knowledge for better search and reduced duplication of designs
- Revision and version control
- Workflows for smooth design approvals